Read our Latest Blog Post: 9 vExperts Share the Value of the Program Through Their Personal Stories
vExpert Program Benefits
- Network with over 2,000 other vExperts
- Opportunity to apply for 8 Official VMware Business Unit lead vExpert sub programs.
- Invite to our private vExpert #Slack channel
- Opportunity to apply for 10 product BU led vExpert sub-programs
- vExpert certificate signed by our VMware CEO
- Permission to use the vExpert logo on cards, website, etc. for one year
- Exclusive gifts from various VMware partners
- Private webinars with VMware partners as well as NFRs
- Access to private betas (subject to admission by beta teams)
- 365-day eval licenses for most products for home lab / cloud providers
- Private pre-launch briefings via our blogger briefing pre-VMworld (subject to admission by product teams)
- Featured in a public vExpert online directory
- Access to vetted VMware & Virtualization content for your social channels
- Yearly vExpert parties at both VMworld US and VMworld Europe events
- Identification as a vExpert at both VMworld US and VMworld EU
The VMware vExpert program is VMware's global evangelism and advocacy program. The program is designed to put VMware's marketing resources towards your advocacy efforts. Promotion of your articles, exposure at our global events, co-op advertising, traffic analysis, and early access to beta programs and VMware's roadmap. The awards are for individuals, not companies, and last for one year. Employees of both customers and partners can receive the awards. In the application, we consider various community activities from the previous year as well as the current year's (only for 2nd half applications) activities in determining who gets awards. We look to see that not only were you active but are still active in the path you chose to apply for.
If you are interested in becoming a vExpert the criteria is simple. We are looking for IT Professionals who are sharing their VMware knowledge and contributing that back to the community. The term "giving back" is defined as going above and beyond your day job. There are several ways to share your knowledge and engage with the community. Some of those activities are blogging, book authoring, magazine articles, , active in Facebook groups, forum (VMTN as well as other non VMware) platforms, public speaking, VMUG leadership, videos and so on.
How to apply for vExpert
The process to apply is easy, twice per calendar year we open applications for a period of 30 days. Once the 30 days are over we close the applications and start voting which takes 30 to 45 days. Applications open for each calendar year in November / December and results are announced in February. We open applications again which we refer to 2nd half applications in June with an August announcement. Every vExpert, VCDX as well as any new applicants must apply at least once per year. vExpert subprogram applications will open shortly after the 2021 awards are announced.
NEW - vExpert PRO Mentorship
We have over 100 vExpert PROs ready to help you become a vExpert. We can help mentor you through the process and outline what you need to do to qualify. Join our Facebook Group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vmwarevexpert and or LinkedIn Group at: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/9057469/
The 2021 vExpert awards will be announced on February 11th, 2021 via Email only. The vExpert directory is not the official list until 48 hours after the award and denial emails are sent.
VMware vExpert Program Participation
The vExpert Program ("Program") is a marketing program designed by VMware to reward community members for evangelizing VMware's products and services. The program has grown to nearly 2,200 recipients, and VMware wishes to be clear that it may and will exercise its discretion with respect to which individuals may participate in the Program. Our goal is to promote actions consistent with the Program’s mission. Accordingly, we will assess whether an individual may participate in the program based not only on their own activity in evangelizing VMware products and services, but also on the activities of the company (or division within the company) that employs the individual.